Elastomer-based magnetic-rings radial and axial versions in different diameters
Magnetic pole rings in conjunction with the appropriate sensor technology are used wherever rotary movements, such as angular positions and speeds on axes and drives, have to be detected, monitored and controlled. The magnetic scanning principle is not only non-contact, wear-free and low-maintenance, it is also extremely robust under extreme environmental conditions. Since the complete system is bearing free, mechanical influences do not directly affect the entire sensor.
- Magnetic rings in radial (MRR) or axial (MRA) design
- Suitable for a wide range of ELGO incremental sensors as well as for the battery powered IZ Series (measurement and display systems)
- Three different pole lengths available (2 / 2.5 / 5 mm)
- Contactless and therefore wear-free scanning
- Thanks to protection class IP68 predestined for outdoor use
- Resistant to thermal, chemical and mechanical influences
The incremental sensors of the product series LMIX, EMIX, GMIX, KMIX, RMIX as well as the battery-operated measuring and display systems of the IZ series can be used for scanning the magnetic rings.
Pole length 2 mm: EMIX1/2, EMIX23, EMSC1/2, RMIX2
Pole length 2.5 mm: IZ14E, IZ15E, IZ16E, IZ17E
Pole length 5 mm: LMIX1/2, LMIX22, GMIX1A, GMIX2, KMIX2, LMSC1/2
|Magnetic layer material||elastomer bonded hard ferrite|
|Carrier material||ferromagnetic steel 1.4104 (others on request)|
|Single pitch error||46 [m°]*|
|Position error||23 [m°]pp|
|Peripheral speed||10 [m/s]*|
|Max. pulses / revolution||interp. factor x number of poles|
|Rotation speed||max. 6000 [rpm]*|
|Temperature range||-40 ... +85 °C|
|Maximum humidity||95%, non-condensing|
* based on a reference diameter of 100 mm
Influence of external magnets:
External magnetic flux density must not exceed 64 mT (field strength lower 52kA/m) on the surface of the magnetic ring because this could damage or destroy the magnetic pattern on the ring. Each external magnetic flux density will reduce the accuracy of the system. Lower flux density than 10 mT (the remanence of normal steel is lower) will have only a weak influence.